Life is full of hurdles, uncertainty; there are so many ups and downs that bog us down. Sometimes we lose control over life and begin to feel powerless and it seems like there is no more energy left to cope with the problems. When we begin to feel weak and low in energy that’s when our body is easily affected by illness and disease.
No matter what, we have to pick up our life and meet the challenges that are thrown at us and to do this we need to create tremendous energy and positivity in our mind and body. Our goal in times of distress should be to be stronger and that can happen only when we supply enough energy throughout our body. Yes it’s true the more the energy flows through your body the more powerful you’ll feel to deal with the problems. There are many ways which can help you increase your energy levels, but nothing can be compared to the various postures of ‘ Yoga’ that can offer us enormous energy.
Here are some of the yoga postures that can boost your energy
- Lie flat on your stomach with your palms kept underneath your shoulder and with legs stretched out.
- Keep the chin and toes flat, touching the floor.
- While inhaling slowly, raise your chest, bend it backwards till you can. The position should be like that of a raised head of a cobra.
- Hold this pose for at least 30 seconds.
- While exhaling, bring your body back to original position.
- Repeat this pose with intervals of 15 seconds in between.
Downward facing Dog posture
- Form position like that of a dog, stick your toes and press into the hands and slowly lift your hips upwards.
- Fingers should be spread widely and pressed firmly through your palms and knuckles.
- This posture is very effective to boost your energy.
- In this pose you have to lie flat on your stomach facing the surface. Slowly raise your neck and head.
- Now raise your legs towards the position of your head and slowly hold your feet with your hands.
- Form a position like that of a bow ,this pose is good because it does not need you to be warmed up like you do for other poses and it is easier to do.
- Now remain in this position and start taking some deep breaths that will help stimulate your body and you’ll feel the flow of energy throughout your body.
- In this pose your legs and butt muscles are at work, you have to take a standing position like that of a warrior.
- And your heart needs to pump out extra blood to these parts that means your heart beats is increased and your breathing rate is also faster.
- As a result there’s sufficient supply of oxygen to every part of your body and that boosts your energy levels.
Conclusion – Want to boost your energy then just don’t think about any other intense exercise, start doing yoga but if you are beginner do it under an experienced instructor.