Nuvigil also known as armodafinil is a wakefulness promoting drug, prescribed for people suffering from sleep disorders like narcolepsy, sleep apnea or shift work sleep disorder.
Nuvigil helps you to control your sleep when you need to work for long hours or when you need to stay awake for extended period of time, but it does not cure your sleep disorders. You should not stop taking your other medicines meant to treat sleep disorders, nuvigil does not replace your other prescription drugs used to treat sleep problems.
- Before taking Nuvigil talk to your doctor or pharmacist for information about its benefits and risks.
- Nuvigil works differently to each person, do not give or recommend this drug to other people, even if they have the same symptoms you have.
- Before taking nuvigil tell your doctor if you are suffering from any health conditions like – heart disease, liver disease, kidney problems or high blood pressure. Also inform doctor if are taking any drugs or drink alcohol or if you had a heart attack.
- If you are allergic to the chemical content present in nuvigil, stop using the medication immediately.
- This drug may affect thinking ability and may not completely enhance wakefulness, so after consumption of this medicine do not drive a car or operate machinery.
- Nuvigil should not be taken by woman who are pregnant or want to become pregnant. Even if you want to take it should be done under proper medical advice.
- Women who are breast feeding should avoid this drug as it might pass in the breast milk.
- Do not take nuvigil with other drugs that you may be taking for your other health problems. Other drugs may interact with nuvigil and may cause serious side effects.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking other supplements like vitamins, minerals and herbal products to be on safer side.
- Keep this drug out of reach of children.
- The recommended dosage of nuvigil is 150 to 250mg for adults. Preferably to be taken in the morning as it keeps you awake for long periods.
- For Shift Work Disorder (SWD) – The recommended dose is 150 mg given daily approximately 1 hour prior to the start of their work shift.
- Take this pill with plain water and not with alcohol or any other beverage or else it will have an adverse affect on your health.
Side Effects of Nuvigil 100mg
there are some side effects of taking nuvigil, as it is common with any other smart drug. Therefore before consuming this drug, it is better to consult your doctor.
Some of the side effects include:-
- stomach upset
- loss of appetite
- increased urination
- difficulty in breathing
- disturbance in attention
- fast heart rate
- excessive thirst
These are some of the common side effects of taking nuvigil, if you experience any of these symptoms, and then you must stop taking the medication, talk to your doctor and seek medical treatment.