Tired of trying home remedies or taking expensive hair beauty treatments? Do you desire to have long, shiny hair just like the advertisements boast of? However, the important question among all that are you taking care of your hair the way it deserves? Or you just are bombarding with chemical-contained hair care products?
Unhealthy lifestyle, growing pollution and lack of hair care knowledge wrecks havoc on your hair and then you wonder what went wrong with your hair. If you still believe taking expensive hair care treatments and not doing anything from your end going to make miracle to your hair, then you’re completely wrong. All you need is a holistic hair care as a part of your lifestyle and here we go!
- Choose your hair care products carefully. Learn to read ingredients added in your shampoos and conditioners. If you have oily hair, wash them alternatively and if you have normal or frizzy hair, wash them twice a week.
- Avoid washing your hair with hot water. Hot water makes your hair dry and brittle as it removes protective oil layer from the hair.
- Do not comb hair until the hair is dry. Let it dry naturally and don’t use hair dryer more often. Combing wet hair can pull hair from the roots.
- Massaging hair with oils like coconut and olive oil can restore lost moisture and shine. Make sure that you oil your hair and leave it overnight. Overnight your hair will have necessary nourishment and wash it off next day.
- Don’t abuse your hair by experimenting often with heat and harsh chemicals such as using hair dryers or stylers, coloring, using dyes, bleaches and treatments like straightening. These treatments overtime damages your hair shaft making it dry, brittle leading to hair fall.
- Take proper diet to strengthen your hair. Make sure that your diet is protein-rich. Eating nutritious diet can promotes healthy and strong growth of hair.
- Protect your hair from exposure to the sun rays and pollution. Excessive exposure to UV rays and pollution can make your hair dull and lifeless. Thus, ensure that you are following hair care routine religiously.
- Avoid wearing hair accessories frequently or doing various hair styles, especially those hair styles that pull your hair tightly. Dreadlocks, tight ponytails or tight hair bands can cause traction alopecia leading to hair fall and hair loss.