Smoking is very dangerous. It is slow killer which is slowly but steadily eat your cells and making you fall sick for numbers of health issues. Moreover quitting smoking is not that easy. It takes a lot of willpower to get rid of this habit especially when you are at the frequency of smoking 15 to 20 cigarettes per day. Some people says that smoking is good as it burn their stress and make them feel relaxed and calf for some time. However there is no connection between stress reduction and smoking. Your body gets affected no matter whether you are smoking one or twenty cigarettes per day.
If you truly wish to help your loved one quit this deadly habit, you need to discuss this with them first. Ask, whether he/she is really into it. If they haven’t made their mind yet then it is meaningless to ask them to quit this habit. They must keep their positive attitude up and must have patience. If either of these two things is not present, they won’t be able to achieve their goal of quitting smoking. Here are some ways that you can adopt to tell your friend to quit smoking.
- Ask your friend why does he/she smoke? If there is any reason then tries to sort it out if possible.
- Tell them how they are ruining their health by smoking many cigarettes.
- You must tell them that how much you care for their health and wish to have them a long and healthy life.
- You can also accompany your friend to visit a counselor who can tell them about the ways through which they can stop smoking.
- Cigarette actually cost you very much in terms of health and finance too.
- Explain your friend that how his/her smoking habit is making others to smoke passively who surround them.