Toothpaste has been long used for treating pimples, it has always been one of the most easy and simple remedy to get rid of pimples quickly.
Why do we get pimples?
Pimples can spoil the appearance of your face; they are usually small round inflamed elevation of the skin filled with pus. It happens due to bacterial infection of the oil glands located at the base of the hair follicles. Pimples are very common that can affect anyone at any age. It mostly happens during puberty as the body goes through hormonal changes which cause breakouts in the form of pimples. During this time the sebaceous glands which are situated at the base of the hair follicles become very active, and the dead skin clog the pores on the skin, the bacteria causing infection develops leading to swollen, red pimples filled with pus.
Having pimples all over your face can be a nightmare it can make you feel embarrassed especially if you have to attend some important occasion or an event. There are many home remedies you may be trying to see if it helps you to get rid of those irritating pimples, there is one home remedy that really works on pimples and eliminates them completely without much effort and that remedy is your Tooth paste.
Let’s check how toothpaste works on your pimples?
Before jumping into conclusion that toothpaste works effectively to remove pimples, it is also important to note that toothpaste is just good for emergency treatment which can help your pimples to dry out, regular use of toothpaste on your pimples will cause patches of dry skin, and remember toothpaste contains methanol that can cause irritation and inflammation on your skin, in fact it can make your pimples even more worse. It is not advisable to apply tooth paste on your whole face it can cause side effects like irritation, redness and swelling.
Now let’s see how tooth paste can work to remove your pimples –
firstly toothpaste has cleaning agents and antibacterial properties and it also helps absorb oil and these qualities in a tooth paste makes it effective to treat pimples as it easily absorbs the excess oil from the pimples and makes it dry.
The correct way to use toothpaste on your pimples:
If you want to apply toothpaste on your pimples do it the correct way as follows:-
- Before applying toothpaste on your pimples, wash your face thoroughly with a gentle facial cleanser and pat dry your skin.
- Then take a small amount of toothpaste in your finger and apply directly on your pimples.
- Leave the toothpaste on your pimples and let it dry for at least 2 hours or else you can leave the paste overnight also.
- After it is totally dry, use a damp cloth to clean the dried paste from your pimples or wash off with warm water.
- If you feel it’s working, continue to use toothpaste but only on the affected part.
- If you experience irritation or redness of skin then stop using tooth paste and go for other treatments meant to remove pimples permanently.