A healthy diet leads to a healthy lifestyle. Isn’t it? Since from our childhood, we are being taught to have a healthy diet so that we are not affected by any kind of disease or disorder that will harm our health. In the lifelong run, we always want to stay healthy and fit so that we don’t suffer from problems and have a great life. But with the diet, it is very important to include food items that are healthy for our brain as well. Brain is an important organ of our body that controls and systemizes proper functioning of systems in our body. Therefore brain plays a very vital in our body and it is very important to take care of our brain health because if anything happens to brain then it may lead to severe damage to our health and if major harm is there then it can also lead to death. Hence, it becomes very important for us to keep our brain healthy by giving the proper nutrients and energy supply to the brain. And therefore, to boost our brain’s health, it becomes necessary to opt for best food that are healthy for the brain and those foods are as follows–
- Nuts– Go the nut way always when it comes to brain. Walnut, almonds and many more nuts have the potential nutrients and energy sources which can boost the functioning of brain and keep it healthy likewise. From childhood, we are being told to have nuts to improve our concentration and memory and therefore one should consume nuts for having good brain health.
- Tomatoes– Tomatoes are good for blood but it is also good for brain as well. The anti-oxidants in the tomatoes helps to prevent the radical damage to the brain, hence improving the health of the brain and also boosts the functioning of the brain. Consume raw or cooked tomatoes, it can be healthy in anyway. Plus you can eat it in any way you want and there is no specific dish allotted as such.
- Eggs – Eggs are loaded with proteins and nutrients. And “Monday ho ya Sunday roz khao anday” is a very well know punchline to increase the consumption of eggs as it is healthy for our body and health. Also, having eggs can prevent the brain shrinkage as it contains the vital vitamins which helps the brain to function properly and lead to a healthy brain.
- Broccoli– Many people don’t like broccoli but they fail to realize that broccoli is a good source of nutrients and energy that is good for brain. Vitamin K is found in broccoli which is a good source for improving the cognitive functions and helps to improve brainpower as well. Therefore having broccoli is not bad at all for your health and brain as well. You can either stir fry or boil or just with other vegetables and have it. Consuming broccoli will in return favor your brain and contribute to a healthy brain.
- Oily fish – We already are aware of the benefit of having fish. Oily fish like salmon, tuna and many other fishes are loaded with proteins and omega 3 fatty acids that are essential and good for our health and the body. In the same way, oily fish is also good for brain as it helps to promote healthy brain functioning.
These are some of the best foods to consume and include in the diet which can improve the functioning of brain and promote a healthy brain because a healthy brain also leads to a healthy life.