The wonderful effects of Benoquin cream kept many people intrigued that how it actually works to make the skin tone even. When other treatments and surgical procedures proved expensive and time-consuming Benoquin cream proved a skin saver. Benoquin is basically used to treat widespread vitiligo when fifty percent of the body surface is covered with white patches. The application of Benoquin is topical and thus, one can apply it from the comfort of his or her home at any convenient time of the day.
The action mechanism of this topical makes a big difference in vitiligo treatment. It is believed that Benoquin contains an active ingredient called monobenzone that works by causing free radical formation in the skin causing the destruction of remaining melanocytes. Since the melanin production doesn’t take place after regular usage of Benoquin cream that causes the normal skin to match up with affected vitiligo skin. Hence, one cannot make out the difference between the normal skin and the vitiligo-affected skin. But it generally takes time for Benoquin cream to produce desired results. It may take 4 months up to 1 year to show the full effect.
Thus, Benoquin cream has many benefits with little to no downsides. It benefits many vitiligo-affected patients.
- Benoquin is convenient to use as it comes in the form of an ointment. So one can apply at any time of the day at their home. It is simple to apply and does not require frequent trips to a doctor’s clinic.
- Benoquin is cost-effective and time-saving unlike other treatments and surgical procedures. They are not only expensive and time-consuming, but they carry a good amount of risks.
- The application of topical isn’t a complicated process. One has to apply only twice a day. There is no need of supervision.
- Its usage is safe as it is approved by FDA and no major side effects have been reported.
No drug comes without side effects and hence, Benoquin cream is no exception. However, an application of Benoquin cream is one of the effective treatments one can opt for. The most common side effects that one can experience are:
- People taking this treatment may develop sensitivity to sun exposure. Thus, they need to be extra conscious when they are out. You need to apply sunscreen lotion religiously and may need to cover exposed areas such as hands, arms, and face as much as you can.
- Another side effect while using Benoquin cream is peeling, itching, redness and swelling of the skin.
- The process of skin depigmentation is gradual and one needs to keep patience while the cream does its work on the skin.
Benoquin cream matches up your skin tone and hence, one needs not to worry about their skin appearance. This medication is certainly useful to regain their lost confidence and helpful to improve their skin tone, their low body image, and their satisfaction.
Overall, Benoquin ointment benefits them by money and time wise.